Meet the Artist
Alvaro is a percussionist and producer who specializes in Uruguayan candombe - a style of African derived drumming and dance recognized by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage. Established in Barcelona, he works with artists from all over the world on projects covering the drum roots, to the experimental language of electronic music, often collaborating with DJ's, dance, video, painting, theatre or performing artists. While Alvaro plays many instruments and enjoys all aspects of music production, he finds percussion to be the ultimate expression of the sound and rhythm that each of us carry inside. If you wander through his neighborhood of Poble Nou, you’ll probably find him jamming with friends in the street – with a little bit of funk, soul, trip-hop or drum and bass.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Varied experience for amateur, professionals and production.
- For amateurs, learn a new form of expression and develop sensitivity by recognizing the sound and rhythm that each of us carry inside, expressed through the drum.
- For professionals, learn candombe drums and their application in relation to other instruments, as well as a variety of arrangements, jazzy concepts to the creation of software based loops, reaching a full integration with electronic music.
- For production, collaborate to create drum and electronic loops, percussion arrangements, composition, recording for post-production and connect with other musicians and large recording studios, if necessary.
- Immersion into Alvaro's diverse world of music and daily encounters inside and outside the studio with his groups of artist friends.
- Full access to studio and instruments.
This experience is available for a longer duration for recording or development of specific production. Please ask when you send your booking request.