Meet the Artist
Anastasia is a maker of ceramic artwork, pottery, sculptural jewelry, photography, silver works and three beautiful children. She finds beauty in wabi-sabi aesthetics, organic shapes and natural colors. Raised in a small Russian town close to Caspian Sea, she followed her heart to the Mediterranean island of Majorca in 2004. She was drawn to the local pottery tradition, turquoise summers, spice-smelling autumns, blooming almond tree winters, red soil and warm hearted people. No wonder her home studio is surrounded by orange trees hidden between country paths and small pine forest. When we visited her, the air had an aroma of steaming coffee and we couldn’t stop admiring her pottery collection of cups and plates made by vibrant ceramic artists from all around the world. So much magic in one place!
The VAWAA experience includes
- Getting to know different types of clay, temperature regimes and choosing materials.
- Discovering techniques and tools (hand building, potter’s wheel, slip cast)
- Sketch, development and manufacturing of the product/ piece
- Drying process and decorative techniques like carving, colored slip decoration, stamping, sgraffitto, mishima.
- Firing in a gas kiln and learning about firing curves.
- Decoration after first firing – glazing or carbonizing.
- Decoration after glaze firing – lusters and transfers. (Check for availability)
- All materials and tools. Gold and silver luster will be additional fee.
You can extend the duration and add accommodation at Anastasia's house for an additional fee. Ask when you send a booking request.