Meet the Artist
Clare is an artist based in the medieval quarter of a charming Italian town that she brought to worldwide attention through her original cultural activities. Trained in Scotland's two most prestigious art schools, Clare's art is in international collections around the world. She works in both oil and acrylic, and often uses reclaimed surfaces. She interweaves personal and archetypal, working meditatively with color, layers, story and depth of meaning. She has a passionate interest in our immense creative potential; in how we can use art to know ourselves, and thus heal and transform our lives.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Your choice of a selection of paints, canvases, tools and other materials to best facilitate your creative expression, and a quality hard-backed sketchbook to use daily for collecting imagery.
- Professional support in bringing your unique vision into being: technical guidance, subtle advice and encouragement - you’ll work together with the artist to nurture your inimitable style; from classical realistic, to wild mark-making.
- Specific guidance around color, composition, drawing and painting, using materials, working intuitively - wherever you need it.
- Gentle rural Italian rhythm with gentle studio time.
- A complimentary lunch at the arthouse, trips out and about on foot and in the car - around the beautiful market town, meeting other creatives, and/ or enjoying the inspiring landscape, culture, food, ambience.
- Materials and tools.
- Your unique original painting.
Clare will share complete details on how to get here when you book, and an eBook of The Insider’s Guide To Guardia Sanframondi. You can extend the duration for a longer experience; ask when you send a booking request. Your finished artwork can be shipped to you, once it has dried and is ready to travel for an additional fee.