Meet the Artist
Colleen is a surrealist printmaker and sculptor whose work reflects her love for buildings and architecture. After learning and teaching across the United States and the United Kingdom, Colleen now lives in rural southern Italy, working with monotypes to get fresh images directly on a plate; woodblocks to work with several layers of color and etchings for varying textures and applying different inks. Her biggest project to-date is a ten-year multimedia exploration of Italo Calvino’s novel Invisible Cities. These days she's creating experimental prints using alternative materials and textures, and when she is not printing, you can find her dreaming up cityscapes by sketching, painting, or working with clay!
The VAWAA experience includes
- An introduction to printmaking and different printing styles.
- Exploring the art of monotype using oil based and waterbased inks.
- Monoprinting using plates worked in a variety of ways.
- Preparing and etching a plate using hard ground.
- Preparing one or two plates to be printed as collagraphs, using several colors and textures.
- Materials including inks, paper, plates.
- Your handmade small edition of prints.
This VAWAA is available for a longer duration. Please ask when you send your booking request.