Meet the Artist
Ines is a mandala artist, nature lover, and a mother of four living 15 kms from Lisbon. She creates nature mandalas, personal astrological mandalas, and mandala-inspired handicrafts and jewelry. During her career as a journalist, writer, and editor, Ines began making mandalas as a way to find balance and beauty in the chaos of her day-to-day life. For the last decade, she has been working exclusively with mandalas, experimenting with different materials and practices and acquainting herself with the symbolism and meaning they carry. Nature is her favorite source of inspiration, and the majority of her work takes place in and with nature. With a focus on process and presence rather than product, Ines’ mandalas emphasize the role that art and creativity can play in our everyday lives. Cosmic!
The VAWAA experience includes
- Learning about the symbolic meaning and healing power of mandalas.
- Going into nature to collect materials and make natural mandalas.
- Learning how to use and transform natural materials and be in deep contact with nature.
- Learning how to use mandalas for meditation, reflection and healing.
- Drawing and coloring mandalas.
- Crafting and interpreting personal astrological mandalas.
- Your unique, handmade mandalas.
- Materials and tools.
This experience is available for a longer duration of 7 days. We recommend this experience for groups of 2 - 4 people, as it is an experience that lends itself to group sharing and interaction. Airport pick-up, accommodation and meals at Ines house are available for an additional fee. Ask when you send a booking request.