Meet the Artist
Mie is a Belgian ceramist creating clay sculptures, porcelain vessels and installations for past 20 years. She explores the dark organic shapes in her stoneware, translucency in porcelain and thoughtful glazes in her work. A world traveler, she has lived and worked in studios in Thailand, Phillipines, France, Netherlands and Belgium. Few years ago, Mie bought and renovated an old mansion on the Belgian coast, where she founded a small gallery and studio, and created a space for local artists to collaborate. Being on the coast, she draws her inspiration from the surrounding sea, movement, colors and textures. Hence it's not a surprise that she likes scuba diving and adores the sea world. A getaway working in a ceramic studio steps away from the Belgian coast - we are ready!
The VAWAA experience includes
- Exploring different kinds of clay and porcelain techniques.
- Creating functional, decorative or sculptural forms.
- Learning how to decorate before and after bisque fire.
- Using an electric kiln, one or two times, depending on the technique.
- Inspiring studio environment with tools, books, ceramics and other artists.
- Your unique handmade ceramic products.
- All materials including clay, glazes and firing.
- Lunch, coffee, tea and snacks during the working hours.
You can extend the duration and add accommodation at Mie's house for an additional fee. Ask when you send a booking request.