Meet the Artist
Tomas is a professional photographer based in the magical archipelagos of Spain’s Canary Islands, in Gran Canaria, off northwestern Africa. He lived in Berlin for a few years but the beauty of the island and it’s people brought him back. There’s perfect light to take pictures all year round, especially winter. Now, he starts his day early morning to capture diverse landscapes of the island - black lava, white sand beaches, forests and mountains. If it’s not nature, he shoots portraits, people, places they live in or abstracts. Regardless of the subject, he focusses on finding metaphors to create a sense of mystery in his photographs. It’s this keen sense of observation along with his technical abilities that he loves sharing with others. His motto “the more you share, the more you receive”.
The VAWAA experience includes
- Overview of landscape, portrait and street photography
- Daily tour of the island and focusing on concepting, light and composition
- Preparing for a shoot including location, timing, equipment
- Analog and digital image development process
- Materials and local transportation