Meet the Artist
Cloë weaves mandalas by hand using natural yarns. She loves to observe geometrical shapes unfold as she places thread after thread on a wooden frame. Her home studio is in a protected nature reserve in the oldest part of Majorca Island, overlooking Balearic Sea. These vivid colors of nature are her greatest inspirations as seen in her brightly colored mandalas. Having traveled extensively to remote and tribal places since childhood, she also draws inspiration from indigenous cultures, ancient symbols and sacred art. Only a personality as lively and luminous like her can create mandalas that convey the magnificent glow of nature. Shine on!
The VAWAA experience includes
- Introduction to yarn, materials and color combining
- Practicing symmetry of shapes
- Mandala weaving techniques for beginners and intermediate
- Background information on origin of mandalas in ancient cultures, nature and as a modern tool enhancing focus, health and wellbeing
- Finishing and hanging techniques
- All materials and natural yarns to make a 60 cm mandala
This experience is also available for 24 hours/ 6 days, including one day of weaving in the stunning Tramuntana mountain range.